The Municipality of Campegine is composed of the districts of Caprara, Case Cocconi, Lora and Razza.
A segment of the A1 Milan-Bologna motorway runs across the southern part of the territory with an exit at the new "Terre di Canossa-Campegine" toll gate. A part of the High-Speed Railway runs parallel to the motorway.
An autonomous municipality since 1860, the town of Campegine paid a heavy price in blood in more recent events in the history of Italy, particularly during the demonstrations against the tax on flour in 1869 and the fight of the Resistance against Nazi-Fascism.
The tomb of the seven Cervi Brothers is located in the Cemetery of Campegine; they were shot by the Fascists December 28, 1943; the remains of their father, Alcide, and their mother, Genoveffa Cocconi, lie in the same chapel.
The town deserves a visit for its natural and historical treasures; thanks to the presence of natural springs, it conserves numerous traces of prehistoric settlements and the underground layout of the ancient Roman aqueduct that brought drinkable water to Brixellum (Brescello).
Farming developed with the gradual reclamation of these marshy areas carried out, at different times, by Roman legions, Benedictine monks, through the extensive reclamation works by Marquis Corneglio Bentivoglio in the second half of the century, and under the care of the Este House of Ferrara, which ruled the territory for four centuries.
Campegine is located in the middle of a plain whose land is fertile through natural springs of water, where there are also some important archaelogical sites.
In its territory are the "Cantine Riunite" premises, a vineyard that is a leader in the production of regional sparkling wines.
Walking in the Regional Nature Reserve of Valle Re Court Fontanili (Springs). It is a piece of land of 37 hectares, acknowledged as a site of European Community interest, characterized by 20 active springs, stretches of water, canals surrounded by thin rushes and interesting aquatic fauna.
Coming from the town centre of Campegine, the Reserve can be reached by following via Cavatorti and taking the left street, after the flyover of the A1 Motorway, which leads directly to the car park in front of the entrance.
Festival of Saints Peter and Paul - Last weekend of June
Performances, traditional market, artistic market, stands of local products.
The rural court of Valle Re, dating to the XV century, is located in the municipal territory, near the A1 motorway. In the X century it belonged to the family of Filippo Re, the famous agronomist. In 1992, the Emilia-Romagna region established the Corte Valle Re Nature Reserve in the surrounding area.
In the same direction of Valle Re to the north, next to the Cava canal, is the Corte del Gualtirolo, a very ancient fortified centre, later transformed by the Benedictine monks of the Monastery of St. Prospero of Reggio Emilia, which owned it from 1080 to 1782, into a thriving farm, renowned for the breeding of cattle and, most of all, for the production of Parmigiano Reggiano “Parmesan” cheese, for eight long centuries.