A deep inside experience to seize the essence of two regions that offer the very best of Italian food&wine.
Piemonte and Emilia Romagna, Parmigiano Reggiano and Alba White Truffle, Piedmont hazelnut and Prosciutto di Parma, Barolo & Barbaresco wines and Culatello di Zibello, which first? You will be spoiled for choice in these two cities, recently declared Unesco Creative Cities for Gastronomy.
In just one tour you have the chance to discover and experience absolutely the best of italian food&wine, products that need no introduction, Barolo and Culatello di Zibello just to give an example.
And to rest your taste, art treats for your eyes, great music for your ears.
Start from Parma or begin from Alba? That’s the question!
7 days / 6 nights
All year round
Genuine foodies that will have the chance to deep inside discover the most exclusive among Italian wines, salumi and typical products.
The price includes:
• 3 overnight stays in a selected charming accommodation facility in Piemonte, breakfast with local products included
• 3 overnight stays in hotel or charming accomodation in Parma or country side, breakfast included
• 1 lunch in a characteristic tavern, tasting menu and house wine included
• 2 dinners in selected characteristic restaurants, tasting menu and house wine included in Piedmonte area
• 1 local cooking class preparing a complete traditional set menu and following dinner
• 1 visit to a well-known wine cellar in Barolo hills with tasting
• 1 visit to a small cheese producer with tasting
• 1 visit to a small farm producing Nocciola Piemonte IGP with tasting
• 1 visit to the magical Grinzane Cavour Castle, Unesco Site
• 1 visit to the ancient Culatello di Zibello cellar with tasting
• 1 lunch at Culatello di Zibello producer
• 1 dinner in typical Verdi's haunt
• 1 visit to Parmigiano Reggiano
• 1 visit to Prosciutto di Parma
• 1 visit to Traditional Balsamic Vinegar from Reggio Emilia cellar
• 1 tasting lunch in the Italian villa
• 1 dinner in a creative gourmet restaurant in Parma
• 1 hands on” cooking class with final tasting dinner
• Local Tourist accommodation tax, operating costs, assistance
The price does not include:
professional English speaking guide, entrance fees to monuments, transfers, extra and everything not expressively written under “The price includes”.
Price per person
Starting from 1.325,00 Euro per person in double room for min. 8 people in 4/5 star hotel or charming accommodation facility.
Single travelers, couples, families or groups under 8 people: ask for a customized quotation.
Arrival in the Langhe Monferrato Roero hills.
Transfer for dinner in a characteristic restaurant. Overnight stay.
After breakfast, let’s discover Barolo wine hills: visit to a prestigious Barolo wine cellar with tasting and then to the Grinzane Cavour Castle with its Museum and the Regional Enoteca.
In the afternoon, shopping walking tour in Alba, the capital of the White Truffle, among medieval monuments, elegant fashion boutiques and food&wine shops.
Dinner in a characteristic restaurant. Overnight stay.
After breakfast, go and discover the Alta Langa hills: visit to a small cheese producer with tasting and then visit to a small farm producing hazelnuts.
Lunch in a characteristic tavern.
Cooking class “Langhe Grandmas’ recipes” with final tasting dinner.
After breakfast, check-out.
Transfer to Parma, Unesco Creative City of Gastronomy.
Arrival in Parma Low Lands and the Land of Giuseppe Verdi.
Discover Roncole Verdi and the Maestro’s Birthplace.
Transfer on the Po River to visit and ancient, amazing Culatello di Zibello ageing cellar in a Castle house whose farmland was part of Giuseppe Verdi’s estate.
You will experience the most precious Italian salumi, whose taste and scent many gourmet and Vip people from all over the world are fond of.
Tasting in the cellar and then lunch in the nearby gourmet restaurant.
Afternoon visit to Busseto and the sites of Giuseppe Verdi’s life to discover this absolute music genius with a fascinating theatrical tour of Teatro Verdi guided by Giuseppina Strepponi, inspiring muse of the great Maestro.
Transfer to Parma.
Dinner in a typical Giusppe Verdi’s haunt with music aperitif and Parma style dinner.
After breakfast, departure for a full day immersion in Parma top food products directly introduced by the owners of the production sites.
Let’s drive among the Langhirano sweet hills and discover Parmigiano Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Reggio Emilia; taste them for lunch inside a charming Italian villa surrounded by its park.
Final visit to the exclusive art exhibition inside the Villa.
Dinner in a creative gourmet restaurant in Parma.
After breakfast, go and visit to the ancient city center of Parma, Unesco Creative City of Gastronomy.
The medieval Cathedral square with the unique Baptistery and the Cathedral; then the unique wood Teatro Farnese and the Teatro Regio, world famous for Opera and its elegant beauty.
Free time for lunch.
Afternoon devoted to a special “hands on” cooking class with final tasting dinner.
After breakfast and check-out, free time and departure.