On your bike in the Parma lowlands for a bike ride in friendly natural surroundings amongst fields, barns and characteristic farmhouses which lead to the majestic Po river.
- Meet the guide at the tourist office in Busseto and leave by bike for Roncole Verdi.
- A guided tour of the birth house of Giuseppe Verdi accompanied by the voice of the Maestro as a young boy.
- Leave for a visit to a producer of Parmigiano Reggiano followed by a tasting. - To follow is a visit to a historical and prestigious ‘Court’ or large and beautiful farmhouse in the lowlands near the Po: starting from the market garden, we pass to the court itself and wander through the frescoed rooms before descending to the ancient cellars where the famous Culatello di Zibello matures in ideal conditions. The cellars date back to 1320 and it was here that the Marquis of the Corte matured his salumi and cheeses. Enjoy a rich tasting of culatello and other local cold cuts washed down with delicious yet light local wine.
- Leave for Sant’Agata for a guided tour of Villa Verdi where you can still feel the presence of the great Maestro.
- Return to Busseto for a guided tour of the Teatro Verdi and the Museum of Casa Barezzi where memorabilia of Maestro Verdi is housed.
- Free time for dinner.
- Overnight stay in Busseto.
- Free day to visit the Labyrinth of the Masone and the fortified Castle of Fontanellato.
- Otherwise you could choose a bike tour of Parma where cycling is a real tradition.
- Don’t miss the chance to visit the historical centre of Parma on two wheels so that you can venture into the back streets for wonderful and unforgettable glimpses of the city monuments.
You can do the tour on your own bike or you can hire one locally.
In the company of a cook-food expert-tourist accompanier and excursion guide but above all a food and wine cyclist.