The Ariosto Theatre hosts the majority of the Prose Season exhibitions in Reggio Emilia, some titles of the Dance Season and some public manifestation.
It was build in 1878 by a private society which, because of the requestes by a large part od the citizens, creates a theatre which can be used by the equestrian companies and also by the prose companies. In 1927 was added a mystic gulf for the orchestra and were deleted the structures needed for the equestrian shows. In the same occasion the Theatre was decorated ex-novo by Anselmo Govi with some late-liberty paintings.
In 1981 the Theatre was restored: cleanup, demolition of dangerous areas, restoration of some floors (also the stage), new floors. It can hosts 780 seats to be seated.