Beyond the typical Emilian tradition, the companies of the Food & Wine Network produce out of the ordinary products.
PARMA: SPICY SAUCES THAT ARE "THE END OF THE WORLD" AND GUINNESS WORLD RECORD CURD MEAT
- ViaEmilia made by Del Ducato Brewery (in Soragna): the most awarded Italian Pilsner in the world, it expresses herbaceous and floral aromas, processed by adding the hop flowers growing only in September in Tettnang, a small town in southern Germany.
Monte delle Vigne (in Ozzano Taro): winery company that dedicates its wines to famous singers and operas from Emilia region.
Its prestigious Nabucco (70% Barbera, 30% Merlot) is a tribute to the Emilian Master Giuseppe Verdi.
Callas wine, malmsey wine, is a clear reference to Maria Callas, “the Divine”.
MatuSalam made by La Fattoria di Parma (in Fontanellato): unusual shapes but surprisingly flavor.
This salami is one meter and 5 centimeters long and it was awarded as the best stylistic innovation and pork butchery technique.
Extraordinary spicy sauces made by Ca' d’Alfieri Farmhouse (in Bardi): various types of chillies from all over the world are grown near the old nineteenth-century farmhouse.
The Habanero Chocolate Sauce is born for those who love strong flavors, while the Scotch Bonnet Sauce is made from a very flavored chilli of Caribbean.
“The end of the world” with chillies like Trinidad, Scorpion and Moruga, only for real daredevils.
Last but not least, the Whiskey Sauce, perfect for meat condiment.
PIACENZA: PANCETTA PRALINES AND TRUFFLE CANDIES
Canafè made by Landini Farm (in San Protaso): hemp coffee, a tasty blend in healthy powder rich in Omega-3 and a low caffeine.
There is also hemp oil, with a slightly nutty flavor when used for salads and cold dishes.
- Pancetta pralines made by Pastry Shop Falicetto (in Piacenza): the velvety taste of dark chocolate covers a heart of chocolate and crunchy PDO Pancetta of Piacenza, creating the new DiPC.
- Wine-cosmetics LUVA made by Il Poggiarello (in Travo): Trebbia Valley's wine is transformed into refined products, creating creams and other beauty essences from the active ingredients of grapes.
- Speciality of Ranca Truffles (in Vernasca): the truffles growing in Vernasca hills, become original startruffles, truffle candies, oils flavored with precious mushroom, pasta, honey and butter.
REGGIO EMILIA: BALSAMIC VINEGAR SPHERES AND SNAILS DISHES
- Ciucolato made by Ca 'del Ciuco Farmhouse (in Pecorile, Vezzano sul Crostolo): a delicious spread creamy made with honey and chocolate, produced in Canossa Lands on the hills of Reggio Emilia.
Snails dishes made by La Cippaia Farmhouse (in Poviglio): the snails are raised outdoors, following natural biological rhythms, on a land of 10 thousand square meters.
Among the most particular dishes: fried snails, snail skewers with bacon, tortelli with snails, and cooked snails or with Reggio Emilia Balsamic Vinegar.
- Unusual condiments made by Terra del Tuono (in Reggio Emilia): the Balsamic vinegar Spheres can be grated, ground or sliced as desired in all kinds of dishes; the Pearls, small spheres of soft consistency, containing balsamic vinegar or fruit essences such as lemon, pomegranate or blueberries; other special Balsamic fruit dressings with a sweet and sour taste
Agriappennino Farm (in Cecciola, Ventasso): from the centuries-old organic chestnut inside the Appennino Tosco-Emiliano National Park, chestnuts are the ingredients used to prepare chestnut pasta such as tagliatelle and macaroni, chestnut beer and natural cosmetics such as scrub and shampoo-shower.